Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Book review: If I Were You (book 1 Inside out Trilogy) by Lisa Renee Jones

Photobucket


If I Were You


FIFTY SHADES OF GREY MEETS BASIC INSTINCTS

Chris is dark, and so are his desires, but I cannot turn away.

He is rich and famous, and dark in ways I shouldn’t find intriguing, but I do. I so do.

I don’t understand why his dark side appeals to me, but the attraction between us is rich with velvety promises of satisfaction. Chris is dark, and so are his desires, but I cannot turn away.

He is damaged beneath his confident good looks and need for control, and in some way, I feel he needs me. I need him.


I'm not even sure where to start with this book. Took me longer to read than any book normally would. The fact that it's a serial trilogy hurts it for me. I don't like having to wait to see how it ends. If you like to be held in suspense waiting until the next book comes out your fine. Sara is a school teacher on summer break. Her friend elopes and runs off on a honeymoon with a mysterious man we never meet. Sara is concerned about this but there is nothing she can really do. Her friend gives her the keys to a storage unit she bought at auction and it must be cleaned out. She's told do whatever she wants with the stuff inside. There are journals from a woman inside that are dark and steamy and sexual in nature. Little bit dangerous and scary as well. Sara decides she's going to try and find this woman that wrote them and see what happened to her. She goes to the art gallery the woman worked at and lucks into her job. ( she's qualified for it btw)  She meets two men. The owner of the gallery Mark who is a bit demanding and controlling and a tad scary. She also meets Chris a artist who is dark and damaged by things in his past. Most of the book is spent on Sara's relationship with Chris. You get to see bits and pieces of him and Sara as they spend time together. The whole time though it seems as if perhaps Mark and Chris are playing a game of one upmanship and using her to do it. Sara really makes no headway at all on where the missing woman is. By the time she does actually try it's the end of the book and your left with a cliffhanger. Honestly i was tossed and turned around on this book. The first 1/4 wasn't as interesting. After that it really took off with Chris and Sara getting to know each other a little. I want to say I loved Chris and hope i won't be disappointed in the end. There are lots of secrets and you get tiny glimpses into these as you read along. The sex scenes were phenomenal. I think the reason i had such a hard time sometimes while reading is it is a 3 part series so it continues on in pieces til the end of book 3. Therefore the pacing will be different than say a book that has a beginning and ending.  Will i read books 2 and 3? Absolutely! The book conflicted me as much as the characters in the book were conflicted. lol This is a book series that you can sink your teeth into and enjoy the ride until the very end. 4 out of 5 Modokker Book Picks starrs for If I were you  by Lisa Renee Jones.

Find out more about Lisa Renee Jones and this book including a excerpt on her website here www.lisareneejones.com

No comments:

Post a Comment