Thursday, July 12, 2012

What about your comfort read?

Do you have a comfort read? Your go to book or author that you  turn to when you just aren't in the mood mentally to read a new unknown book?? Do you get out a comfort read when you don't feel good. Keep a pile by your bed?? Are any of those books read so much they are kind of getting a wee bit tattered? Um YES! Too all of it. Right now between reading other new stuff I am reading Saving Grace by Julie Garwood. I confess she is my #1 comfort read author. ANYTHING she's written works for me. I have probably read all her books at least 30 times a piece. Each one. They never get old for me. Some of the authors depending on what i feel i need are Jill Shalvis ( like your surprised) Susan Mallery, Linda Lael Miller (cowboys sigh) Christine Feehan (paranormal) Roxanne St Claire ( again surprised? not) and Cindy Gerard both for Romantic Suspense. These are are authors where i own the majority of their books in paperback and there is a considerable pile by my bed. I put them away every now and then but tend to start dragging them back out again right away. lol How about you? What do you look for in a comfort read??? What makes you feel better?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. wow I can't believe you've read Julie Garwood's books 30 times each. So far I have only re-read once or twice but have not done so for many years. There are just so many books on my to-read list that re-reads can't be scheduled. I do know what you mean by comfort books. For me I term them as my comfort authors. Sometimes I feel restless and can't pick which book to read next, I'll go to my comfort authors coz I know I'll definitely enjoy and feel the emotion from the story.

    ReplyDelete