Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Book review: The Rescue Pilot by author Rachel Lee

Photobucket

Available in paperback and ebook form  Read a excerpt here The Rescue Pilot excerpt
by


Rachel Lee
Harlequin Romantic Suspense
Sep 2011
Miniseries: Conard County: The Next Generation
Category: Suspense


Back of the Book blurb.


The plane went down—and sparks are flying…

As a Wyoming snowstorm rages around their downed plane, Rory Campbell knows survival should be all that matters. But she can't deny the desire that sizzles between her and ex-military pilot Chase Dakota. Rory is in capable hands…though it doesn't stop her from wishing for more than his protection.

Chase has flown his share of planes. There are no guarantees they're going to make it to safety—and see Rory's terminally ill sister to the hospital for an emergency treatment. Despite their dire circumstances, all he can think of is the captivating woman by his side. Dare he lose control long enough to let Rory into his heart?

I have never read a Rachel Lee book that i can recall so this was a first for me. I do love my romantic suspense and my military guys so that's a pretty good combo to start with. This was a good story initially. The plane crashes and Chase does his survival thing. Rory's sister is deathly ill and was on the plane to get to a hospital for treatment in a trial therapy for her cancer. They are lucky to have two more people on board who have survival and EMT experience. The book moves along at a good pace and then lags and lays there. For a shorter book it felt like it was never going to end sometimes. I kept waiting for something to happen. I expected rescue sooner or maybe they would have to leave the plane earlier. I don't want to say there wasn't suspense and the sex scenes were good but the pace just seemed to lag here and there. I loved the characters and the thing that really got me though it was wondering what would happen to Rory's sister Cait. Would she make it or not. In the end then the book was a mixed bag for me. 3 out of 5 Modokker Book Pick Stars.

To find out more about author Rachel Lee check out her blog here http://rachel-lee.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment