Wednesday, July 6, 2016

eARC Book review: Meat by Opal Carew

30199346

Available April 26th 2016

Novella length, contemporary erotic
eARC Provided by publisher through Netgalley

Just one taste isn't enough…

I ran into Rex Keene—literally—when I was trying to catch my flight and his muscled, tattooed arms stopped my fall. 
Then our flight gets canceled, and we're stranded in the same hotel room together...it ended up being the steamiest night of my life. 
All I knew is that I had to see him again.

I just didn’t expect him to show up a week later in the restaurant I manage…as our new head chef. 
But the generous, tender man I spent that night with is gone; instead he’s arrogant, demanding, and terrorizing the staff.
But he won’t give up until we’re together – and I’m not sure I can stay away. 
Which man is real?


Who is Rex Keene?

The cover of this book jumped out at me and that led me to the blurb. Thinking it might be interesting i decided to give it a try.  Grieving for her Aunt, Rebecca runs in to Rex at the airport on her way home. Literally runs into him. There is instant attraction between the two and when their flight is delayed they end up sharing dinner and a hotel room thanks to Rex's connections. Rex is a perfect gentleman but things still get hot and heavy after a night of amazing sex the two part way with the promise from Rex he'll call her. Unfortunately a week later when Rebecca gets back to her job running a hotel restaurant she finds out Rex is the new head chef. Oh boy! There are some secrets and someone who is lying and stealing and Rebecca is in the middle of it. I like this story but there is some cheesy lines for sure in this book. The sex scenes are hot and hint at BDSM but with only 170 pages there isn't a lot of time to get into that and tell a story. Rex's is a well endowed man and that is a little over the top i think. He can be bigger and not be a monster.  Read the book to get my meaning. Overall i enjoyed the book and the cheesy lines made me laugh so it's all good for me.

Find out more about this book and Opal Carew here www.opalcarew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment