Monday, February 5, 2018

eARC Book review: The Bastard's Bargain (The O'Malleys #6) by Katee Robert

35393431

Available February 6th 2018
eARC Provided by publisher through Netgalley

When Keira O’Malley was a child, she used to picture her perfect wedding. The flowers. The dress. Her husband. But nothing could have prepared her for saying “I do” to Dmitri Romanov—cold, domineering and always one step ahead of everyone else in the ever-shifting power plays of New York City. She agreed to his bargain to secure peace for her family, and she may want the bastard more than she’d ever admit, but she’ll be damned if she’ll make this marriage easy for him.

Dmitri knows better than to underestimate Keira for one second. Molten desire smolders between them, a dangerous addiction neither can resist. But his enemies are already on the move, and he needs every ounce of his legendary focus and control to keep them alive. Keira could just be his secret weapon—if she doesn’t bring him to his knees first.


Dmitri and Keira are enemies. Their families detest each other but Keira makes a deal to marry Dmitri to protect her family. Dmitri sees the way Keira has self destructed her life since her brother was killed but he still sees a fire in her he wants to help her get herself back. I came into this series late as i believe this is the last one. The author is new to me also but the cover the blurb attracted me and i took a chance this would be a book that could stand alone. I think that reading the series from the beginning would help but I also think this book stands alone well enough. I enjoyed the characters and the story. Keira is not a quitter and Dmitri is a rock for her and once he gets her back on her feet she's a rock for him. I love that although they were wary of each other they still had each others backs. By the end it made me wish i had read the previous books because as a whole I think it's probably a really good series. I hope to read more from this author to back that up for myself. Well worth the read on it's own.


Find out more about this author and series here. www.kateerobert.com

No comments:

Post a Comment