Thursday, July 27, 2017

eARC Book review: Eye Candy (Real Love #1) by Jessica Lemmon

34308352


Available now!
eARC Provided by Publisher through Netgalley

Jacqueline: As an adult woman--and the vice president of a marketing firm--I shouldn't be waiting by my office window to ogle the mystery man who jogs by every morning at 11:45. Sure, he's a gorgeous, perfect specimen of the human race, but I can't bring myself to hit on a total stranger. However, my best friend-slash-colleague Vince Carson thinks I should do more than talk to the guy. In fact, he's borderline obsessive about "getting me laid." (His words.) But the more time we spend together, the more it's clear: The one I'm falling for is Vince.

Vince: Jackie Butler's got it bad for some pompous, over-pumped A-hole who struts his stuff past her window. That doesn't bother me. I know she deserves nice things. What does bother me is that she friend-zoned me big-time last year, so I can't ask her out myself. But what if I set her up with Mr. Steroids? Then, when he breaks her heart, I can swoop in and save her like the nice guy I am. Everything's going according to plan . . . until we share a ridiculously epic kiss. And suddenly anything is possible.



You know the beginning of this book a man runs by Jackie Butler's window and she drools over him. I really thought this book was going to have him as the hero. I was not correct in that thinking. After a couple minutes of disappointment i loved on and enjoyed the rest of the book! Ha! Jackie Butler and Vince Carson are both divorced and co-workers. Jackie thinks they are solidly in the friend zone and she needs a good friend. Vince was in the friend zone but he really wants to move on from that. Getting Jackie there with him in that endeavor is kinda what this book is about. He takes the hard way to get there and there are a ton of bumps along the way. They have their divorce history to deal with and the uncertainty of getting into a serious relationship again and of course trust.  This book turned out to be a lot of fun. I really like Vince's friend who is kind of mysterious even though there are mentions of his history i am sensing a story there. Jackie's sister is hilarious and even Vince's crazy neighbor was fun. Great emotional big finish which who doesn't love one of those! Love the characters and the story telling. A solid read!

Find out more about Jessica Lemmon and her work here www.jessicalemmon.com





No comments:

Post a Comment